News of the work, events and plans of the Kilbarron Castle Conservation Group
- Work completed on East wall of Kilbarron Church 15 November 2022We’re pleased to report that the conservation work on the east wall of the church is completed. The ivy that was putting the wall out of shape has been removed and all the stonework reset and repointed using recommended lime mortar mix. Our thanks to the stonemason Michael McGroarty who carried out the work and to ...
- Heritage Week 2022 The Heritage & Bio-diversity of Kilbarron ChurchOld Kilbarron Church We held our Heritage Week Events on Sunday 21st August at the Abbey Mill Tea rooms starting at 2pm.Now you might wonder why did we not hold the event at Old Kilbarron Church -well at the time we thought that the conservation work at the church may have begun and it would ...
- Heritage Week 2021 EventHeritage Week 2021 Report, the Committee were active at Kilbarron Church and presented virtual events on Zoom including a virtual tour of the Church ruins along with the Castle from the sea.
- Heritage Week 2021Monday 9 August 2021 : Virtual Heritage Week Events
- Heritage Council / Creative Ireland funding 2019Kilbarron Castle Conservation Group were recipients of Funding from the Heritage Council through the Creative Ireland Programme 2019 to undertake a Geophysical Survey of the castle site and it’s surrounding fields.
- Adopt-a-Stone Fund Re-opensWe are pleased that our PayPal donation channel is now re-open and we can again accept donations for our Adopt-a-Stone fund. The Hourglass Wall in a precarious state. Thank you for those who have patiently waited for this be reopened. Thank you also to those who have already donated. For details of our work and our ...
- Boat Trip to see the ruins of Kilbarron Castle from the Sea.The boat trip to see Kilbarron Castle from the sea took place on Sunday 25th August 2019 as part of Heritage Week.
- Changes to Kilbarron Castle Facebook Posts28 May 2019
- Micheál Ó Cléirigh Summer School 20199 May 2019
- Launch of Adopt-A-Stone Appeal13 March 2019
- Defending Kilbarron Castle1 May 2019