News of the work, events and plans of the Kilbarron Castle Conservation Group
- Kilbarron Church Conservation Plan 2023 9 April 2023West gable wall Kilbarron Church We have received a grant offer through the Community Monuments Fund to further work on the conservation of Kilbarron Church. We plan to replace the fractured lintel over the entrance and conserve the west gable wall which is almost still intact after being ruinous for over four hundred years. The ...
- Work completed on East wall of Kilbarron ChurchThe conservation work on the east wall of the church was completed in October 2022.. The ivy that was putting the wall out of shape has been removed and all the stonework reset and repointed using recommended lime mortar mix.
- Heritage Week 2022 The Heritage & Bio-diversity of Kilbarron ChurchOld Kilbarron Church We held our Heritage Week Events on Sunday 21st August at the Abbey Mill Tea rooms starting at 2pm.Now you might wonder why did we not hold the event at Old Kilbarron Church -well at the time we thought that the conservation work at the church may have begun and it would ...
- Heritage Week 2021 EventHeritage Week 2021 Report, the Committee were active at Kilbarron Church and presented virtual events on Zoom including a virtual tour of the Church ruins along with the Castle from the sea.
- Heritage Council / Creative Ireland funding 2019Kilbarron Castle Conservation Group were recipients of Funding from the Heritage Council through the Creative Ireland Programme 2019 to undertake a Geophysical Survey of the castle site and it’s surrounding fields.
- Boat Trip to see the ruins of Kilbarron Castle from the Sea.The boat trip to see Kilbarron Castle from the sea took place on Sunday 25th August 2019 as part of Heritage Week.
- Changes to Kilbarron Castle Facebook Posts28 May 2019
- Micheál Ó Cléirigh Summer School 20199 May 2019
- Launch of Adopt-A-Stone Appeal13 March 2019
- Defending Kilbarron Castle1 May 2019
- Stones for Conservation Work23 February 2019